At the Kyushu University Design Initiative for Diversity & Inclusion, we are researching the design of mechanisms for realizing a diverse and inclusive society. We are looking for an academic researcher to expand our activities. Specific duties will include research and survey activities related to social inclusion design and planning and organizing related symposia, workshops, etc.
[Name of the organization or department]Kyushu University Faculty of Design
[Recruitment of human resources]1 academic researcher
Research work related to design for social inclusion
Management of study groups and events related to social inclusion design
Writing and coordination of reports, etc.
1, Social welfare studies
2, Public Policy Studies
[Type of work]Research fellow or post-doctoral fellow
[Work style]Full-time or alternative, with a fixed term of office
Work location: Kyushu University University University Ohashi Campus (9-1, Shiobaru 4-Chome, Minami-Ku, Fukuoka City).
Type of work: 3-5 days a week, 7 hours a day (hourly rate); working days to be decided upon consultation.
1) Those who have a deep interest in and understanding of social inclusion design and have a Ph.D. degree or equivalent research experience. (Master’s degree is also acceptable in some cases).
2) Those passionate about proposing active ideas and systematizing mechanisms for design to realize a diverse and inclusive society.
3) Those who have communication skills to communicate with domestic and overseas educational and research institutions and researchers (those with English skills are preferred).
4) Those who can create documents using various software.
5) The person who can commute to the workplace 3 to 5 days a week.
Salary: To be determined in accordance with the relevant regulations of the university according to work experience, etc. The current month’s salary will be paid on the 21st of the following month.
Benefits: Employees’ Pension Insurance, Workers’ Accident Compensation Insurance, Social Insurance, Health Pension Fund (for those working 20 hours or more per week except for Workers’ Accident Compensation Insurance)
Term of office: December 16th, 2021, onwards (negotiable), until March 31st, 2022 (Renewal every year. Maybe renewed up to three times.)
Applications must arrive no later than Friday, November 19th, 2021.
[Application Period]Must come no later than November 19th, 2021 (Friday)
[Application, Selection, Notification of Results, Contact Information]
（Documents to be submitted）
1) Curriculum vitae (please include contact details and e-mail)
2) List of achievements (academic documents, conference presentations, etc., related to the field of application, academic affiliations, awards received, social activities, etc.)
social activities, etc.)
3) Aspirations for the work (about 1 sheet of A4 paper)
4) Other reference materials for achievements that you think are appropriate for the contents of this application (optional)
The format is optional, as long as the above information is included.
The personal information contained in the application documents and materials will not be used for any purpose other than the selection process.
[Selection process and notification of results]
After screening, we may ask you to submit additional materials or have a face-to-face interview (we will contact you individually). If there is to be a double-sided interview, the applicant will be responsible for transportation and other expenses. Please note that we will not return the submitted documents.
[Where and how to submit the documents]
To: Yoshito Ogata, Faculty of Design, Kyushu University
tel: 092-553-4552 (Design Initiative for Diversity & Inclusion Secretariat)
For more information about the Design for Social Inclusion Initiative, please visit the website.
Please compile your application documents in PDF format and provide the address where you stored your application documents to the above e-mail address. Please write “Application for Academic Researcher (Design for Social Inclusion)” in the subject line.
If you live in a distant place, we may use a video conference system such as Zoom. If you wish to be considered for a period of time off from research due to childbirth, childcare, or nursing care, please indicate this in your CV.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
November 19th, 2021
Yoshito Ogata, Faculty of Design, Kyushu University