The Graduate School of Design, Kyushu University; Kyushu University Business School (QBS); and the Robert T. Huang Entrepreneurship Center of Kyushu University announced the hosting of an online symposium: “Thinking about the future of design x business x entrepreneurship”.
Plans for a reorganization of the Graduate School of Design, Kyushu University are slated for 2022. One of the highlights is the implementation of a business-integrated design education program that spans the domains of design x business x entrepreneurship. This represents an opportunity to explore the future of business-integrated design education, which is driving the creation of innovation for the future, with the Strategic Design Course (tentative name) component of the design major, which is spearheading the project, as well as the faculty of QBS and QREC, and corporate partners.
The program was open to corporate managers, working people interested in the subject of recurrent education, students interested in startups, and other members of the public.
Date and time
March 5, 2021, 6:30 PM–8:30 PM
Webinar using the online conferencing tool Zoom
*Applicants will receive a Zoom URL by e-mail prior to the event.
*Applications will close once capacity is reached (on a first-come, first-served basis).
Daisuke Yukita, IDEO Tokyo Senior Interaction Designer
– Panasonic Laboratory Fukuoka (Panasonic Innovation Strategy Group) Tomonori Kataoka, center director
– Kyushu Railway Company Business Development Group, Planning Division, New Business Promotion Project Tamayo Kusumoto, vice-manager
– Yasuyuki Hirai, professor, Graduate School of Design, Kyushu University
– Megumi Takata, professor, Kyushu University Business School (QBS)
– Robert T. Huang Entrepreneurship Center of Kyushu University Shingo Igarashi, deputy center director
Event moderation and panel discussion moderator:
Yui Haraguchi, president, YOUI Co., Ltd.
Hosted by Graduate School of Design, Kyushu University Kyushu University Business School (QBS) Robert T. Huang Entrepreneurship Center of Kyushu University
March 5th, 2021, 18:30p.m. - 20:30p.m.